Having acquired two 100m rolls of wire 10/0.1mm, one with red insulation, the other black, at a clearance price from Kyte’s Lights at the Woking REC show on Saturday, I’ve started to solder dropper wires from each of the pieces of track so that power supply is not reliant on just the rail joiners.
Erik and I spent half hour this evening cutting cork tiles to form the underlay for the track. We dug two half circles of track out of the boxes and arranged them on the two boards forming the test track.
After a hiatus over the summer, and the first week of school behind us, it was time to get the layout moving again. The next step, having fitted the pattern makers dowels, was to pull it all together.
Having left the completed sides in the cupboard for a couple of weeks to stabilise, it was time to add some primer and undercoat. That meant that both sides had to take the trip back down the stairs, through the back door and out into the garden, only to come back again. I suppose I […]