In other news, the dry weather today was exploited and my boards have received ballast! Davidson Crossing, Sunstone Creek, Balfern Curve and Inworth Curve are now drying in the shed.
Using a jig that I constructed last night from bits of wood in the shed, we have this afternoon reduced the depth of all the Tim Horn board kits in stock to 4″ from 6″, or 100mm from 150mm in modern money.
For years, in fact forever, my rolling stock has lived in the boxes it arrived in, regardless of whether I bought it new or used. In the case of Bachmann stock, that means either large or larger green boxes with a great deal of dead space inside. When you put it all in the cupboard, […]
In starting the middle board, we decided that we really would get it started and that involved laying some cork to bring the track bed up to the height of the other boards. This is just 3mm cork tile from the DIY superstore. It’s also something that Erik could do, under supervision.
Early on Thursday morning last week, I received notification of a parcel delivery the following day, and then later an invoice for payment immediately. Having made payment, I waited – mostly patiently – until the Friday afternoon for the parcel, which eventually arrived at around five o’clock.
Everyone who’s ever built a sectional or modular model railway layout knows not to rely on pins or glue to hold the track down at the baseboard edges, as it’ll tear or break eventually.
Erik and I spent half hour this evening cutting cork tiles to form the underlay for the track. We dug two half circles of track out of the boxes and arranged them on the two boards forming the test track.